Saturday 28 August 2010

Your couch or mine

There are some stamp sets that make me pull out my credit card without thinking, and this On my couch set  from PTI is one of those. Yum - I love the images, love the sentiments, love the possibilities.

Over at the chickensoup blog Clare chose this cool photo as inspiration. Have a look here.

Colours to die for, no doubt about that ... and also sporting that very cool ochre yellow I love so much  ... however, I didn't take inspiration from the colours but rather from the sofa's themselves and I thus present to you ... this card.


I had a lot of fun making this card, especially creating the wooden strip floor. Believe it or not, that is simply inked sections created with post-it notes as a mask. To make it a bit more realistic I created a one-point perspective using a vanishing point and then drew my lines down from that point.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE your card :)
    Will definitely be doing this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sweetheart :) I've done one too, need to photograph it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I ♥ On My Couch too!!!! Love your work with it on this super fab card! Your floorboards look so effective!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete