Friday 25 February 2011

Whoosh ....

I am just whoosing by very quickly to say hi. We have had our windows replaced and now we have to tackle the decorating ... a mammoth task leaving little time for crafting. There is always something eating into play time isn't there .... sigh.

Anyway, I hosted my first Stampin' Up! party during the week and it was a great success. Go figure. My local friends aren't crafters, but the lure of rubber and ink soon worked their magic and everyone bought at least a little something, leaving me with a lovely hostess gift, some free product and also some sale-a-bration stamps. Woo Hoo.
I am making it my mission to use these stamps as ... I feel very guilty saying this .... last years sale-a-bration set has only been used once in the entire year. I shall do better.

I will be doing some classes with them too and if that goes well I might start running classes again.


On to another manufacturer though, Waltzing Mouse Stamps. I have gushed about Waltzing Mouse before - LOVE their stamps! I used one of Claire's beautiful bloom designs to make some Mother's day cards for Craft Stamper this month. Love this set, which is strange as I am not usually drawn to realistic floral images, but this one grabbed me and is perfect for Mother's day and Mums in general. Not to mention fabulous for Copics, I am so getting into my copics.


I made three cards for the magazine using acetate and this one is extra. You can see a much better and more professional photo on the Craft Stamper website. I am not the best photographer, especially when acetate is involved.


Oh, by the way, I was just on the Waltzing Mouse blog and see that Claire is releasing a bunch of new stamp sets at the beginning of March and from the sneek peaks it looks like we might be visiting the wild west. Yee ha. Sounds cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment