Monday 3 January 2011

Well hello there

December has come and gone, copious amounts of food and alcohol have been ingested, new years resolutions have been made (mainly involving losing weight ... refer to copious amounts of food ingested), family have all been ill with the flu and now we embark upon 2011. Already!

One year to go peeps.

About fifteen years ago I read Graham Hancocks Fingerprints of the Gods and was utterly convinced that the world will end in 2012 as per the Mayan calendar. Well, not utterly, but I did like the drama of it all. Now that 2012 is just around the corner it can of course go either way, an absolute anti-climax with nothing at all happening ... a bit like the Y2K hype, or (cue x-files music) we might just be sucked into the vortex of space time and life as we know it will change forever. Just for in case I think we will really have to live it up in 2011, I mean why take the chance. Make hay while the sun shines and all that.

On that note, I wish you all a very prosperous and festive 2011 - may you attend many parties, buy many wonderful things, meditate every day to find spiritual peace, eat chocolate without putting on weight and all those other fabulous pleasures in life that make you happy.

I am going to try and craft more, definitely try to use up my stash before the world comes to an end. Make more for myself and not just for deadlines because I have to.

Talking about deadlines, the Feb issue of Craft Stamper is out on Friday and I want to share with you an aperture card that I made for this issue. You can see instructions and a proper photo here on the craft stamper blog.


LOVE these stamps from Cat's pyjamas - available at Make the day special I used images from both of the sets below to make 3 additional cards for this issue, all using apertures of course. My favourite one by far is with the little fire breathing dragon, perfect for the hot man in your life. Of course if you don't have a hot man in your life, well this is the start of a new year, what are you waiting for!



So don't forget to grab the magazine on Friday, looks like lots of cool projects again by the Craft Stamper team.

No comments:

Post a Comment