For last weeks chickensoup challenge I made this little angel.
Wooden ball feet painted with silver acrylic paint and her head is a ping pong ball, also with a few layers of acrylic paint. Fuzzy wool hair and a little halo made from craft wire. I drew her face on with marker. The heart on her chest is drawn with Tulip fabric paint.
For her wings I made a wire frame and sandwiched that between two layers of angel hair - I don't even know if you can get this stuff anymore. It was bang on trend a good few years back and right up there with the torn mulberry paper craze. I then painted (with my finger) a liberal coating of PVA glue all over the wings on both sides, propped them up and left them to dry. Once dry I cut off any excess angel hair and voila, semi opaque wings. They are stuck onto her back with a liberal amount of PVA glue.
Oh, and she also has a less glamourous country cousin. They sit together on my chest of drawers and talk all day long.
May the angels be with you!
2 days ago